3.31.2008

Motorola MOTOROKR S9


So I stopped in my local T-Mobile store the other day to fix a small account issue (I ended up with a month of free service too!) and saw that they had dropped the prices on some of their Bluetooth headsets. I've been wanting a stereo Bluetooth headset for my Nokia 5300 for a while, but didn't want to drop almost a hundred bucks on one. They had the S9 on sale for $49.99 and I jumped all over it. I have to say, I was quite surprised; it completely surpassed what I had expected. It looks a bit uncomfortable, especially when you're handling it, but once on your head, you almost forget about it after a while (as you should with any headset, in my opinion). The "earbuds" aren't actually earbuds as they're designed to sit right over the ear canal, but with the right sized bud covers (three sizes are included), they deliver pretty good sound. Not necessarily thumping bass, but it's loud and clear, with decent low ranges. It's actually just if good, if not better, than my canal-phones sound when connected to the headset port (via the included adapter). This tells me the lack of deep low ranges is more a limitation of the phone's output than the headphones. The right side has the music controls while the left contains call controls and volume. While music plays from both sides, calls are only heard on the left side, which takes some getting used to if you're used to a single headset on the right side. I have no clue where the microphone is, but I have yet to have any complaint from callers about being able to hear me. They're rated at about 6 hours of music-time and 8 hours of talk-time, though I haven't pushed those envelopes. They're a great buy at $50 if you're lookin' for some wireless stereo headphones.

*It should be noted that Motorola has recently released the S9-HD with SRS-WOW technology, which I'm sure is the reason for the price drop. They are exactly the same design, just with enhanced sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment