9.27.2008

Bose Audio

Tonight, I give you reviews of two Bose products: the Companion 2 Series II desktop speakers, and the In-Ear Headphones. Both have their ups and downs, so let's get to it:

Companion 2 Series II Speakers:
This paired set of speakers is great for the desktop, not requiring even floor space for a subwoofer. Sound is very clear, with excellent bass response, given that there is no subwoofer. These clearly demonstrate to me what I saw on commercials as a kid when they advertised their clock radios; they can give rich, full sound out of small speakers.  They have a second line-in on the rear of the right speaker with RCA jacks, so you can add another sound source. There is also a headphone jack on the front of the right speaker. They're not cheap; we're talking $100, but they are fairly portable, and sound awesome.


In-Ear Headphones:
These took a bit of getting used to for me. I'm more of a drill-it-into-my-ear-canal headphone kinda guy, so it took me a day or so to let these sit in the ear like they're supposed to. The sound is awesome, with great bass response, though I find the noise-canceling feature to be negated by the fact that these don't go into the ear canal. Ambient sound goes right around them. Again, we're talking $100, though in this price range, I'd wager they might be unmatched. The sound is very deep and rich, and once I got used to them, they were very comfortable. They do come with a great lanyard that keeps the headphones around the neck; I LOVE this. I haven't tried the Shure headphones of the same price, so I can't give a comparison. I do think they'll take a hit when the new headphones are released from Apple, but we'll see. I do plan on picking those up, so I'll write a review when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment