1.15.2008

Ubuntu and Mac OS X Leopard

I installed Ubuntu the other day with no issues except one tiny one; the propietary drivers for my video card don't support CompizFuzion. Not a killer for me, but I'm a huge fan of the eyecandy. lol

Tonight, I'm working on installing Mac OS X Leopard. On my laptop. Yup, it's not a Mac, but I've found a
GREAT guide to getting it to dual-boot on a PC, and I'm so close to it working. I have the dual-boot set up just fine, Vista works, Leopard installed, but I can't get all the way into Leopard. I get so far into the boot process and it visually freezes. I say that because my mouse cursor will appear up top, but the load screen (or diagnostic screen, either way) doesn't go away. After a while, some dance music starts that I can only guess is part of the "Welcome to Leopard" process. Soooo close! I'm hoping I can get this resolved soon; I want to play with Leopard!

3 comments:

  1. hey Robin, I encountered the same problem. My Sony VAIO laptop played the music at the grey screen. I can move the mouse cursor but cannot do anything. It just hangs there. If you solve the problem by any chance, please let me know. If I get it working, I will also let you know. Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anon

    What you need to do to get in immediately is to boot using "-x" so you go in under Safe Boot. What I did to get my graphics card to work (I have an X3100 card) was to follow this guide. Now I'm up and running on all levels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind reply Robin. I was pretty busy a while ago, so I didn't get a chance to fix it as you suggested until now. I was just following the steps in the "link" you provided but when I tried to run "/usr/misc/script.sh Leopard", as suggested in the article, error message was received: No such file or directory". I did a "ls" for the /usr directory, and can't find the "misc" folder. I only have bin, lib, libexec, sbin, share, standalone under /usr. Am I missing something from the installation, or where can I possibly find the script.sh file and execute it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :-)
    Cheers,
    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete