1.23.2008

Hac OS X Leopard

I am loving Leopard.  I got Photoshop fixed (uninstalled, wiped all related files, reinstalled, and it worked), Office 2008 is really nice, I can do most of my schoolwork through Safari, and what I can't do in Safari, I can knock out in Firefox.  I have my N-Gage QD set to sync with iCal and Address Book through iSync, and I can control Ruri with the N-Gage using Salling Clicker.  I have iPhoto and Aperture synced with all the photos from both Ruri and Omoikane, all my music is tagged with album art in iTunes, and CoverSutra has given me a great interface with shortcut keys to control iTunes.  Cover Flow in Finder along with Quick Look has sped up my workflow incredibly.  I imported a couple thousand photos off of Omoikane and was able to trim out everything I didn't need in only 20 minutes!  And I don't know how I used a Mac without Stacks before.  Some people don't like them, but I love 'em.  Time Machine is not only cool as hell, it's already saved my butt once (when I needed to resize my partitions).  Everything just works.  And that's pretty impressive considering I'm not on a Macintosh; Hacintosh is more like it.  lol  I only have one lingering issue, and that is that sound will only play through the internal speakers.  I'm going to get an Airport Express router soon which will take care of that; our WiFi router died anyway, and with that, I can use AirTunes with my powered speakers and subwoofer to play my music (the only thing I really need bass for).  All in all, I love it.  It's fast, gorgeous, and works out much better for my photography and graphical needs than Vista.  Vista has the gaming support, but Leopard kills it in the artistic department.  And that is a big thing for as I just landed a job as a professional children's photographer, so I have a bunch of new toys to play with...

No comments:

Post a Comment