2.02.2015

IT'S ALIVE!!!

[Cue lighting and thunder]

Successfully modded my Moto X to have wireless charging by putting an adapter coil inside of a case and plugging it into the micro USB port on the phone. And it totally works! I'm not sure what the charging rate is, but I assume it's as good as an internal coil (which is typically slower than a wired charger anyway), and I had to fold the flat "cable" over itself to get it to fix in the case without covering the exposed Motorola "dimple", but given that the Moto X is already a very slim phone, having it in a case doesn't make it feel bulky at all. The only downside is that it takes up the charging port on my phone, so I don't really have a good option for charging when away from all of my wireless chargers, but overall, I'm super happy with the results of my little Frankenphone project. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment