2.01.2015

An Icon Dies

This morning, I woke up to a broken phone. The physical buttons (power, volume and camera) just weren't working. I could use the power button to turn the phone off, but other than that, the buttons just weren't working. This wasn't the first time this had happened, so I did what I did a week and a half ago when it first happened; I did a factory reset. But as soon as it started restoring my info and apps, the buttons stopped working again. Something in my settings or apps, or a combo of the two, is causing the issue. Since I have no idea where to start (there are no other reports of similar issues online), and since I know it's a software issue (a factory reset fixed it before, and the power button works under certain circumstances), I decided to just take the phone back to Verizon. It was under two weeks from when I got it, so they took it back, but since the phone was discontinued back in October (despite being the best Windows Phone on the market), I had to go with a different phone. I picked up a Moto X (2014), and while I'm really happy with it, I'd still rather be on Windows Phone. I know I can pick up a Lumia Icon on Craigslist relatively inexpensively, so I might do that once Windows 10 drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment