3.10.2009

Back on My Good Side

Last week, I had the unfortunate (or so I thought) need to contact Apple’s online support.  You might remember how my last conversation with them went (see my “Geniuses?” post), so I wasn’t expecting much out of this contact.  Let’s back up a little bit though, shall we?

I realized last week that I had a ton of free space on my hard drive, and I wanted to see an episode of “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” from last season.  I looked for a torrent, but couldn’t find a decent version of what I was looking for.  I remembered that I had purchased all of Season 1 (and I have a Season Pass for Season 2), but due to the small hard drive in my last laptop, I deleted each episode as I watched it.  I had heard rumors that Apple was known to grant customers a one-time allowance to re-download their previously purchased content, but even though their policy does not allow for it.

I contacted Apple Monday night to get an email back from DeShawn notifying me that I could log in and re-download my content.  She had actually reactivated my downloads on an old account that I had forgotten about, so I had to contact her back and get the right account reactivated, which she did immediately.  She was very helpful, and got me all of my previous content from not only one, but two accounts!  I spent literally 5 days re-downloading everything (I had quite a few movies and TV series; we’re talking hundreds of dollars worth of content), and I now have an iTunes library bursting with music and video content.  DeShawn single-handedly  reversed my opinion of Apple’s online customer service.  Lesson learned?  Don’t base the entirety of a company’s service on their sales team.

No comments:

Post a Comment