3.13.2009

The Apple Store

I took my MacBook into the Apple Store to have the battery looked at (it didn’t seat quite right). I made an appointment, and I was seen right at the time I was supposed to be. The Genius was very helpful until he asked me if I put 8GB of RAM in. I told him I didn’t, that it was two sticks of 2GB each, to which he replied that he saw that one of them said 4GB Kit (meaning it was a kit of 4GB between two sticks). I commented that this model of MacBook can only take 4GB and he said he didn’t know that. Um, what? You don’t know your own product’s tech specs? I then asked him about a video adapter (the same one I asked the online rep about previous to purchasing the MacBook) and he was completely clueless. He didn’t know that Apple says themselves that the adapter is not compatible, and suggested that I purchase a new one to try out. I told him I live 2 hours away and wasn’t going to spend money to replace something that is not defective with the exact same thing that I know will not work. I was just curious if it was a constraint of the video card not being able to handle the conversion. In the end, he did help me fix my problem (the battery was nicked inside which was preventing it from seating) by swapping out my battery, but I have to say that for a Genius, he was quite clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment