11.06.2007

Dude, Where's My Warranty Replacement?

Yeah, definitely going to virtualize XP for the few programs I need once my replacement hard drive gets here. I logged into XP (for the first time in a couple of weeks) and I was disgusted by its "speed". My god, it took literally 15 minutes to finish booting, logging in, and starting up! Then OneCare wanted to run a tune up (canceled that), wanted to start a back up (canceled that), and then show me a log (which took even more time). I love OneCare, don't get me wrong. It's a great all-in-one suite for protecting the computer, but it hit me with all of that at once! And honestly, that was only because I hadn't logged in in so long. Regardless, in comparison with Ubuntu, it drags. Once I get the drive, I'll pull what I need off of the Mac and then back up what I need out of Windows. Wipe that partition, expand my Linux partition to fill it, then install XP and the few programs I need through VirtualBox. Yes, it will be slower, but I won't have to restart the computer and wait for it to boot.

Back on the hard drive front, I put in my order for my warranty replacement not last Thursday, but the Thursday night before that; yeah, almost two weeks ago. Not only that, I paid for two day shipping. Let me run that down for you again: I ordered it over a week and a half ago, paid for two day shipping, and I'm still waiting for it. They took until last Friday (that's a week from the time of order) to send it out, so two day with UPS doesn't cover the weekend. So it should have shown up yesterday. It was on the truck for delivery at 6:53 AM yesterday. Yeah, still not here. Seagate is getting a nasty e-mail about all this. The UPS issue isn't their fault, but it shouldn't take a week to send out a paid, rushed order for something they have to replace anyway. This is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment