7.20.2008

Zune Up and Running

I finally got my Zune working with Leopard after two days of setup.  First, I couldn't find my XP disc, then I couldn't find the sync cable (I used the A/V dock to charge and wirelessly sync with Vista).  Then the Zune software wouldn't install until after I installed SP3.  Then it wiped my Zune and resynced all my music, pictures, and videos since the directory wasn't where it expected it to be.  That took all freakin' night since virtualized Windows isn't nearly as fast as native Windows.  It's just finishing up downloading all my podcasts and syncing them.  I guess now that it's set up, it probably won't be such a pain in the future.  I do lose my wireless sync capability, and simply plugging in the Zune won't crank up the software (unless XP is already running), but if I run a sync a couple of times a week, I should be able to keep up with all my podcasts.  I would say that I want an iPod again, but the convenience of it wouldn't be worth it.  I have more than enough room on my Zune, and I like the interface better.  Not to mention, the dock works a LOT better than the iPod's in that it has an on screen display for the TV.  Yeah, I had to kill 5 GB of hard drive space for XP, but I really do like the Zune more than the iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment