6.04.2008

Digsby

If you're a regular visitor (I don't think anyone is, but just in case), you might notice a new addition to the sidebar to your right there: Digsby. "What is Digsby?" you might ask. That little guy is a multi-protocol instant messaging system, similar to Trillian, Pidgin, and Adium. It's got a few different features that are geared more towards the "social" aspect of the web: Facebook IM, MySpace IM, and Twitter. It can also check your email for you. Add to that the standard AIM/Yahoo!/MSN/Jabber/etc, and you have a neat little package. Not too bad on the system resources either. Definitely not as bad as Trillian, or AIM itself. Now, back to the little guy on the right: that'll get you right in touch with me if I'm online, and it's an official widget right off the Digsby homepage. Pretty cool, if you ask me. Yeah, not much of a real update, but I thought I'd give a little explanation to the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment