10.13.2007

NOT Cool.

I could kill the Siamese cat. We moved to computers out of the bedroom and into the ex-dining room (I say that because we've lined it with tables and desks to create a studio center for Jill's artwork). I put my laptop next to the window, 'cause, believe it or not, I like the sunlight and stuff. Anyway, I set it all up yesterday and after Scott picked up the kids, we ran to Wal-Mart for about a half an hour. I left Winamp up, but not running, and while we were gone, the damn cat sat on my keyboard; more specifically, the media keys. That not only played music, but she sat on the "next" key. This told Winamp to play a new song about every tenth of a second. Through ALL of my music. 30+ Gigs of it. With crossfading (this meant about 10 songs playing at any given time to accommodate my crossfading settings of 1 second). Now my external hard drive (where I store EVERYTHING; all my music, videos, pictures, and documents) is shot. Windows can't read it (I/O errors), but Acronis Disk Director can. Best $50 I ever spent on software; it's literally saved this laptop 4 times. I've been running a check on it since last night, and it's only 6% through the actual file clusters (it has 111 Gigs to sort through). It's found a bunch of errors and fixed them, but I won't know how bad the full damage is until it's done. That could be days from now. >_<>

No comments:

Post a Comment